Required

Categories

  • DC Metro Crash-Site Circuit Had Failures Since 2007
    DC Metro Crash-Site Circuit Had Failures Since 2007
    The track circuit that malfunctioned during last month’s fatal Washington commuter-train crash had faltered intermittently since December 2007, investigators said. The periodic outages followed installation of a replacement part that month in the circuit, which is part of Metro transit’s automated-control system that detects train locations to prevent collisions, the National Transportation Safety Board said today in a statement. If you have
  • DC Metro Rail Has Safety Stand-Down
    DC Metro Rail Has Safety Stand-Down
    The Washington Metro declared a “safety stand-down” for its employees Monday after a maintenance employee was run over and killed by a machine. The death Sunday night was the second fatal accident on the system in less than two months. Nine people died and 80 hurt June 22 when a moving train rammed a stationary one. click for full story
  • D.C. Man Sues Metro for $8 Million After Shooting on bus – Washington Post
    D.C. Man Sues Metro for $8 Million After Shooting on bus – Washington Post
    A D.C. man has filed an $8 million lawsuit against Metro saying he suffered emotional and physical harm after being wounded when someone opened fire on a Metrobus in August. According to the lawsuit filed in D.C. Superior Court, Earl Coates was a passenger on the W8 bus during the evening of Aug. 21, when the driver stopped to pick
  • Metro Crash Probe Prompts NTSB ‘Urgent’ Recommendation
    Metro Crash Probe Prompts NTSB ‘Urgent’ Recommendation
    In the wake of a deadly June accident, the National Transportation Safety Board on Monday put out a rare recommendation for the Washington Metro to install a system that would automatically warn operators if train sensors behave erratically. Read full story… If you have been injured, our experienced Personal injury lawyer, Car accident lawyer, and Slip and fall lawyer are
  • Man Shot on Metrobus Sues Metro for $8 Million
    Man Shot on Metrobus Sues Metro for $8 Million
    From WRC NBC 4 A man shot on a Metrobus in Southeast D.C. in August is suing Metro for $8 million, The Washington Post reports. News4’s Jackie Bensen tells what the shooting victim says about an emergency switch on the buses. If you have been injured, our experienced Personal injury lawyer, Car accident lawyer, and Slip and fall lawyer are available for a