Upper Marlboro Car Accident Lawyer
Car accidents occur often in Upper Marlboro and is known to cause catastrophic damages. Injured victims can sustain severe injuries such as broken bones, organ damage, and traumatic brain injuries.
If or a loved one were hit by a reckless driver, call an Upper Marlboro car accident lawyer as soon as possible. Roger Gelb, a knowledgeable personal injury attorney could investigate the cause of your crash and help you hold the negligent party accountable.
Who Could Be Held Liable for Damages?
One of the most important elements in a car accident case is determining liability. A skilled car accident lawyer in Upper Marlboro could collect the necessary evidence to help prove the defendant’s negligence. Those who could be held liable for an accident includes:
- Other drivers on the road
- Commercial drivers who are driving a business vehicle, such as a FedEx truck or a taxi. Often, both the company that indemnifies the driver and the driver are possible defendants. Commercial vehicle drivers are usually more heavily insured than an individual driver
- Commercial truck drivers are obligated to follow Maryland rules that differ from general traffic rules. Both the drivers and national truck companies can be liable for a car accident, which is usually among the most deadly because of the size of the rig
- The hybrid defendant who is an Uber or Lyft driver can be an individual if a car accident occurs while driving the car for personal use or a commercial driver if engaged in picking up or dropping off clients
- Governments when an employee causes an accident while driving for work or when the roads or traffic signals are not properly maintained
Those who are uncertain how to proceed in their case should contact an Upper Marlboro car crash attorney for guidance.
Proving Negligence in an Upper Marlboro Auto Accident
To prove negligence, the injured party and their attorney will have to prove that the defendant breached the standard of care. This means that the defendant acted like other automobile drivers on the road and did their best to prevent the collision. Most collisions occur due to driver negligence. Some of the common examples include:
Additionally, a plaintiff must show that the defendant’s unreasonable acts caused the accident, and the plaintiff suffered injuries. A car crash victim should consult an Upper Marlboro car crash attorney for more information about proving negligence.
The Statute of Limitations for Car Accident Cases
The Statute of Limitations is the amount of time the state allows a plaintiff to file a lawsuit, According to Maryland Statute §5–101, anyone hurt by the negligence of another has three years from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit. An Upper Marlboro personal injury attorney knows that waiting too long to file can lead to dismissal and loss of the opportunity to collect damages.
An Upper Marlboro Car Accident Lawyer Could Help
If you need help navigating the civil court system, the legal team at Gelb & Gelb are here to help. After a car crash, your focus should be on recuperating, and our focus on you. Let us help you get the compensation you need to be made whole. Call today to get started on your case by calling for your initial consultation today.