2022 Behind The Wheel Scholarship
Learning to drive is an exciting and life-changing experience. Having a driver’s license provides not only freedom and flexibility but also a large amount of responsibility. At Gelb & Gelb, P.C., we see the effects of irresponsible driving every day and understand the importance of being a safe driver. This is why we created our Behind The Wheel Scholarship.
For students who have finally reached the age where they can legally drive, it can be a big step in growing up. For many, it can be exciting to have the ability to go to school, see friends, go to appointments, and more, all without a parent or guardian driving them there. However, getting a driver’s license is not all fun and games. Being a driver should be taken seriously and not driving responsibly can lead to severe consequences. As car accident lawyers, we believe passionately in educating young drivers and setting them up for success while behind the wheel. For this scholarship, applicants are asked to discuss the importance of being a responsible driver and detail specific tools and tactics that could be taught to young drivers to encourage safety while on the road.
The scholarship winner will be chosen based on the criteria outlined below and will be awarded $1,000 to go towards their higher education.
The eligibility requirements for the Behind The Wheel Scholarship are as follows:
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in an accredited community college, undergraduate, or graduate program within the United States
- Applicants must have a current GPA of 3.0 or higher
A complete application for this scholarship must include:
- A Resume with current contact information
- A current academic transcript (clearly showing your Cumulative GPA)
- A 1,000-word essay discussing the importance of safe driving, ways to be responsible on the road, and specific tools to encourage young drivers to be safe while behind the wheel.
To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must submit their complete application (resume, transcript, and essay) on or before March 15, 2022. All applications must be submitted by email to email@example.com with the subject line “[Applicant’s first and last name] – 2022 Behind The Wheel Scholarship” to be considered.